Earth Hour was started in Sydney, Australia in 2007 with 2.2 million homes and businesses turning off their lights for one whole hour. A year later, Earth Hour has become a global sustainability event with about a 100 million people across 35 countries participating.
All it takes is the simple flick of a switch. Turn off your lights for 1 hour at 8:30pm on March 28th.
An entire hour on a Saturday night in the dark???? Ummmm, here you go:
2. Get or give a massage
3. Play a game of twister or pictionary. Getting all tied up in knots in the dark is more adventurous than regular old twister. Buy glow in the dark markers for that game of pictionary
4. Take your dog on an extra long walk- into the woods, through your neighborhood or to the beach
5. Make love (a few times)
6. Have a glow in the dark party- finger foods, glow-in-the-dark ice cubes and accessories
7. Get an extra hour of sleep
8. Bring out the flashlights and tell ghost stories, or play hide-and-seek with your kids
9. Open a bottle of wine, read a book in candle light
And, if none of the above ideas worked for you, I will be hosting candle light poker. Texas hold ‘em, $10 buy in. Come on by.